- 1 What is the best area to stay in DC?
- 2 What areas of Washington DC should be avoided?
- 3 Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC on a budget?
- 4 What is the best time of year to visit Washington DC?
- 5 Is downtown DC safe at night?
- 6 Where is the hood in Washington DC?
- 7 Is Georgetown a safe area of DC?
- 8 Does DC have good nightlife?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Washington DC?
- 10 What is there to do in DC on a budget?
- 11 How can I save money for a trip to Washington DC?
- 12 Where should I stay in Washington DC for the first time?
- 13 How expensive is food in Washington DC?
- 14 How do I plan a sightseeing trip to Washington DC?
What is the best area to stay in DC?
Where to Stay in Washington D.C.: Best Areas and Neighborhoods
- Downtown, best area to stay in Washington DC.
- Capitol Hill, where to stay in Washington for sightseeing.
- Chinatown, eclectic and fun place.
- Foggy Bottom, a hip place to stay in Washington DC.
- Dupont Circle, vibrant cultural life.
What areas of Washington DC should be avoided?
The most dangerous areas in Washington is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Deanwood. Population 29,798.
- Brentwood. Population 28,660.
- Anacostia. Population 117,488.
- U Street Corridor.
- South West.
- Ledroit Park.
Where should I stay when visiting Washington DC on a budget?
The Most Budget-Friendly Hotels in Washington DC, USA
- ARC THE HOTEL.
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown.
- Cambria Hotel Washington DC Convention Center.
- Comfort Inn Downtown DC/Convention Center.
- Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row.
- State Plaza Hotel.
- Club Quarters Hotel, Washington DC, White House.
- Hamilton Hotel.
What is the best time of year to visit Washington DC?
The best times to visit Washington, D.C., are from September to November and March to May. In the autumn, the sweltering summer is gone, taking with it most of the high season tourists. All that’s left are crisp breezes and changing leaves, which, by the way, look great against all those marble monuments.
Is downtown DC safe at night?
Is Washington, D.C safe at night? Answer: Most tourist will feel safe after dark in common tourist hubs near and around the National Mall. Its not uncommon for tourist to walk the area of downtown adjacent to the National Mall after dark.
Where is the hood in Washington DC?
The historic Capitol Hill neighborhood is famous for its marbled Congressional offices, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress—just a few of Washington, D.C.’s heavy-hitting sites.
Is Georgetown a safe area of DC?
Georgetown is PERFECTLY SAFE, very upscale, and a great neighborhood.
Does DC have good nightlife?
Washington, D.C., is much more than politics, history museums, and monuments. The district has a thriving nightlife scene to cater to all of the tourists, university students, and government employees who need to let off some steam.
How much should I budget for a trip to Washington DC?
Cost of a Trip to Washington, DC, US & the Cheapest Time to Visit Washington. The average price of a 7-day trip to Washington is $1,716 for a solo traveler, $3,082 for a couple, and $5,778 for a family of 4.
What is there to do in DC on a budget?
Free and cheap things to do in Washington, D.C.
- Take a free walking tour of Washington, D.C.
- Learn about National Mall landmarks from a park ranger.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial.
- Enjoy free admission to the Smithsonian Museums.
- Visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Take a stroll around the beautiful Tidal Basin.
How can I save money for a trip to Washington DC?
Here are some ways to save money in D.C:
- Visit the museums and monuments for free – Most of the museums in D.C. are free.
- Take a free walking tour – DC Walkabout, Free Tours by Foot, and Strawberry Tours all offer free walking tours of the city.
Where should I stay in Washington DC for the first time?
If you are visiting for the first time, the best area to stay at is the National Mall, because it is home to the main attractions in Washington DC. These include the iconic monuments, federal buildings and Smithsonian museums. Other prime locations are Downtown and Capitol Hill.
How expensive is food in Washington DC?
Groceries in D.C. aren’t as expensive as they are in New York, but they’re far from cheap. Numbeo.com’s May 2019 data estimates a recommended minimum amount of money for food in D.C. at $15.20 a day, or $471.28 a month. The national average is $324.20.
How do I plan a sightseeing trip to Washington DC?
14 Tips for Your First Visit to Washington, D.C.
- If You Want To Visit The White House, Plan Well In Advance.
- Choose Your Time Of Year Wisely.
- Start With A Guided Tour.
- The National Mall Is A Lot Bigger Than It Looks.
- Save Money Visiting Free Museums And Attractions.
- The Monuments Are Open 24 Hours A Day—Enjoy Them At Night!